New Holiday in the Park Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at Six Flags America
This winter, the Santa tracker will have a new destination: Six Flags America, just minutes from Washington, DC. Millions of glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s Village, and many popular rides will magically transform the popular theme park into a winter wonderland for the region’s first-ever Holiday in the Park® celebration. The park will be open weekends and select days November 19 through January 2, 2017, giving visitors a completely new way to enjoy the most magical time of year.
Holiday in the Park will provide an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast will await just inside the gates, as six areas of the park undergo a massive makeover that showcases the world’s best holiday traditions. Each area will be an emotional journey and bring the warmth of the season to guests in an entirely new way.
“Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family’s must-do list and is included with every season pass and membership,” said Six Flags America President Rick Howarth. “We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.”
Stunning light displays; illuminated, towering trees; the iconic smells of fresh pine and crisp peppermint filling the air; and festive vendors offering sweet and savory treats will provide a multi-sensory journey of winter delights. Kids can join Santa in his workshop for a fun photo opportunity. A new entertainment program will feature a grand stage production, hilarious stunt show, live carolers and of course a special show just for kids.
Holiday in the Park also features more than two dozen thrilling rides such as the Flying Carousel, Voo Doo Drop, the Cyclone, Carousel and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in Looney Tunes Movie Town. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like the Wild One, ROAR, Mind Eraser, Apocalypse and Ragin Cajun, weather permitting.
Holiday in the Park Facts
This winter, Maryland’s only theme park will be transformed into a winter wonderland for the all-new Holiday in the Park festival taking place just minutes from Washington, DC.
Holiday in the Park runs weekends and select days November 19 through January 2, 2017.
Themed areas of the park will feature brand new shows, custom holiday displays, live costumed characters, whimsical photo opportunities, interactive games, tasty treats and of course – lights!
• Main Street Christmas – A traditional holiday atmosphere along the park’s charming Main Street entrance.
• Candy Cane Lane – Peppermint-wrapped trees, candy cane games, lighted displays and the magical smell of candy canes!
• North Pole – Guests will be welcomed to the land of toys and Santa’s workshop, complete with the opportunity to purchase holiday picture keepsakes.
• Silver Bells – Everything glitters with white and sliver lights and our very own ice princess.
• Holiday Campfire – Enjoy a warm fire, make your own s’mores and watch our first-ever illuminating waterfall light display.
• Retro Christmas USA – Celebrate the spirit of the season with patriotic red, white and blue lights, oversize decorations and a tribute to the good old USA!
• Merry Masquerade – Mardi Gras brings out the glitter – red, green and gold, that is – for a New Orleans-style holiday.
• Whimsical Wonderland – Kids will delight to see colorful lights, giant holiday bulbs and their favorite Looney Tunes characters all dressed up for winter.
• Silent Night – A place to reflect upon the traditions of the Season.
Signature holiday shows include:
• Jingle Jam
• Party Gras: Holiday Twist
• Kids Holiday Dance Party
• Holiday Rock
• Defenders of the North – An Elf Stunt Show
Meet our new seasonal characters, including an ice princess, snowman, gingerbread man, reindeer, toy soldiers and silly holiday elves.
The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park. Spiked egg nog; holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate; peppermint and mocha fudge; festive funnel cakes with peppermint topping; specialty holiday platters of sliced turkey, smoked turkey leg and chicken with cranberry sauce; chili bowls; and hot soups are available in various restaurants. And of course there will be plenty of s’mores!
Holiday in the Park also features more than two dozen thrilling rides such as Antique Cars, Zydeco Zinger, Cyclone, Rodeo and Flying Carousel. Children can enjoy seven pint-sized thrills in Looney Tunes Movie Town. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like ROAR, The Wild One, Ragin Cajun, Apocalypse and Mind Eraser. All rides and entertainment are weather permitting. Gotham City and Whistlestop will not operate during the special event.